Wednesday, December 07, 2005

A Synopsis

Just to recap a bit, I’d like to reflect on the blogs below. As I have seen through all these different advertising strategies, there are some that work better than others. Personally, I am a big fan of the Corona and Bacardi advertisements; they are original and definitely get the viewers attention. In addition, even though I am a huge fan of Absolult’s advertising campaign, I am not too sure how effective it is these days, or if their ads have just turned into collector’s items. Though they do always incorporate the bottle in every ad, they are more creative then they are promoting the buying and drinking of their alcohol. I also feel the same way about the Heineken ads that I reflected on. Although they are truly unique, I’m not sure how good of a job they do of promoting the beer itself.
Before this blog, I was unfamiliar with Skyy’s advertising strategy. I had asked some friends to try and think of campaigns that they remembered, and Skyy was the first one that they came up with. “Oh yeah, the men always wear suits in those ads,” one of my friends said. This proved to me that different strategies attract different people. I had never taken notice of these ads before yet I was so familiar with Bacardi and Corona. I think I notice more of the islandy, party type of ads. Still, upon seeing these ads I was very impressed by the originality of the campaign. I hadn’t yet seen any company exploit the elegance of drinking quite like Skyy does, and I liked it and think it is very effective. I am also fond of the Bombay Sapphire ads, once being an avid drinker of Bombay and tonics, I noticed their ads a while back. I would question if their print ads mock the style of the Absolut ads, and maybe in that sense also lack the effectiveness. However, I do think their commercials work well for them. They are memorable and very to the point.
The Smirnoff ad campaign I love, I think it is probably the most effective campaign of this whole blog so far. They don’t use distractions and their ads are powerful and eye catching. As for the Jack Daniels and SoCo campaigns, I am not a big fan. I think this is logical though because I think they are targeting a different segment then what I would be attracted to drinking.
All in all, I liked most of the ads and think that the campaigns are successful for the people that they target.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home